America First activist Nick Fuentes has been removed from the No Fly List, after being placed on the list by the federal government last year.
In a post to Telegram, the host of the popular nightly show “America First” and founder of the America First Foundation, announced his removal from the No Fly List, accompanied by a picture of himself on a plane. “We’re back,” Fuentes told Valiant News, in a succinct comment.
Speculation had abounded last week that Fuentes had been taken off the No Fly List, with the America First host having said that a “big announcement” was coming shortly.
Conservative commentator Scott Greer described the news of his removal as a “yuge whitepill,” while congressional candidate Laura Loomer said that she was “so happy to see this wrong” against Fuentes corrected.
Fuentes had been placed on the No Fly List last year, despite having committed no crimes whatsoever. The Afro-Hispanic conservative learnt of his placement on the list when attempting to speak at a press conference in Florida in April on the topic of legislating Big Tech in the state.
“This is overt political persecution,” he said at the time. “America is not a free country.”
“I’m being punished by the federal government,” Fuentes told Alex Jones. “I’m being punished and persecuted for merely attending a political protest,” he added, noting that he was not even inside the Capitol Building on January 6th.
After the January 6 protests, calls had been made to place everyone who had entered the building that day on the No Fly List, including from Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. It still remains unclear as to how Fuentes would have qualified for the No Fly List even if such demands had been completely implemented.
The move against Fuentes was widely condemned at the time as “outrageous,” and part of the “worst and most abusive assaults… on core civil liberties.”